1175 Buford Highway. Suite 120
Suwanee, Georgia. 30024
www.goldsmithworks.com
770.831.1257 - 1.800.438.6894

Date/Report Number ...111510.LS102.50 Item: VINTAGE 1944 RUSSIAN NKVD SPECIAL ORDER  LENIN STALIN MILITARY WATCH
IMG_6591.JPG (120112 bytes) IMG_6578.JPG (150736 bytes) IMG_6567.JPG (122042 bytes)
IMG_6580.JPG (115371 bytes) IMG_6588.JPG (95143 bytes) IMG_6573.JPG (160098 bytes)
   

Description of item: VINTAGE 1944 RUSSIAN NKVD SPECIAL ORDER 15 JEWEL LENIN STALIN MILITARY WATCH WITH BLACK DIAL THAT HAS THE EMBLEM FOR THE "First Moscow Watch Factory" "NKDV" AT THE TOP, LUMINOUS RAISED RUSSIAN NUMBERS AT EACH HOUR, LUMINOUS CATHEDRAL HOUR AND MINUTE HANDS AND SUB SECONDS REGISTER WITH RED HAND. THE NICKEL PLATED MANUAL WIND MOVEMENT HAS 15 JEWELS AND IS SIGNED: 15 JEWEL, 1944, 53, 03995. THE THREE PIECE CASE MEASURES 45 MM WITHOUT THE LUGS, 61 MM LUG TO LUG AND HAS AN ONION CROWN THAT SETS THE TIME AND WINDS THE WATCH. ATTACHED TO THE WATCH IS A VINTAGE BUND STYLE BACK LEATHER STRAP.
CONDITION IS EXCELLENT

Estimated Retail Replacement Value $ 959. 00


Reports are supplied at the request of the customer and it is for the customer's exclusive use. Reports express an opinion of the time of the examination of the jewelry. This report is for customers use only for the following two purposes, indicating estimated retail replacement value to obtain insurance coverage, or for the purpose of providing geological information. goldsmith Works does not guarantee that the appraisal valuation will result in a sale at the price. Estimated retail replacement value is arrived after analyses of what the approximate high retail cash asking price is for labor, materials, and design. These prices may be substantially higher than actual transaction or warranty with regards to any item described in the report, since jewelry grading is not an exact science, this  report represent the best opinion of the company. GoldSmith Works is in no case responsible for differences that occur by repeated grading by other experts in the field and/or use of other standards, norms, methods or criteria other than those used by GoldSmith Works. GoldSmith Works is expressly held harmless by customers including, but with out limitation for any claims or actions that may arise out of negligence in connection with the preparation of this laboratory report, or actions based upon the customer's use of the report. The information on the carat weight, clarity grade, color grade on the report is approximate due to the limitations in jewelry grading. The item was tested, graded, and examined under 10x magnification using the techniques and equipment available to GoldSmith Works, including fully corrected triplet loupe, binocular microscope, master color comparison guides, diamond color comparison tools, electronic carat balance, non-contact optical measuring device, and ancillary instruments necessary at the time of Exam

 

 

 

1944 NKVD
USSR SPECIAL ORDER
LENIN STALIN

First Moscow Watch Factory
MILITARY WATCH

IMG_6591.JPG (120112 bytes)

45 X 45 W/O LUGS
45 X 61 MM W LUGS

*******************************************


PROVIDENCE

RUSSIAN
NKVD
1944
MILITARY WATCH

IMG_6566.JPG (133884 bytes)

In 1934, the NKVD of the RSFSR was transformed into an all-union security force, the NKVD of the USSR (which the CPSU leaders soon became to call "the leading detachment of our party"), and the OGPU was incorporated into the NKVD as the Main Directorate for State Security; the separate NKVD of the RSFSR was not resurrected until 1946 (as the MVD of the RSFSR). As a result, the NKVD also became responsible for all detention facilities (including the forced labor camps, known as the Gulag) as well as for the regular police.
Since its creation in 1934, the NKVD of the USSR underwent many organizational changes; between 1938 and 1939 alone, the NKVD's structure changed three times.


IMG_6589.JPG (112418 bytes)


On February 3, 1941, the Special Sections of the NKVD responsible for military counterintelligence (CI) became part of the Army and Navy (RKKA and RKKF, respectively). The GUGB was separated from the NKVD and renamed the "People's Commissariat for State Security" (NKGB). After the German invasion, the NKVD and NKGB were reunited on 20 July 1941. The CI sections were returned to the NKVD in January 1942. In April 1943, the CI sections were again transferred to the People's Commissariats (Narkomat) of Defense and the Navy, becoming SMERSH (from Smert' Shpionam or "Death to Spies"); at the same time, the NKVD was again separated from the NKGB.


 

IMG_6565.JPG (147422 bytes)

 

INSCRIPTIONS IN RUSSIAN

"L E N I N  S TA L I N"
"SPECIAL ORDER OF NKVD USSR"


In 1946, the NKVD of the USSR was renamed as the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD), while the NKGB was renamed as the Ministry of State Security (MGB). According to a 1996 radio documentary by the Russian Service of Radio Liberty, the MGB was reduced from being a ministry to a committee because Soviet leaders feared what the MGB might do if the purges were to resume. In 1953, after the arrest of Lavrenty Beria, the MGB was merged back into the MVD. The police and security services were finally split in 1954 to become:
The USSR Ministry of Internal Affairs (MVD), responsible for the criminal police and correctional facilities.
The USSR Committee for State Security (KGB), responsible for the political police, CI, intelligence, personal protection (of the leadership), and confidential communications.   s (including the forced labor camps, known as the Gulag) as well as for the regular police.

Since its creation in 1934, the NKVD of the USSR underwent many organizational changes; between 1938 and 1939 alone, the NKVD's structure changed three times.


IMG_6567.JPG (122042 bytes)

EMBLEM
"First Moscow Watch Factory"
"NKVD"



On February 3, 1941, the Special Sections of the NKVD responsible for military counterintelligence (CI) became part of the Army and Navy (RKKA and RKKF, respectively). The GUGB was separated from the NKVD and renamed the "People's Commissariat for State Security" (NKGB). After the German invasion, the NKVD and NKGB were reunited on 20 July 1941. The CI sections were returned to the NKVD in January 1942. In April 1943, the CI sections were again transferred to the People's Commissariats (Narkomat) of Defense and the Navy, becoming SMERSH (from Smert' Shpionam or "Death to Spies"); at the same time, the NKVD was again separated from the NKGB.

 


Petrodvorets

The Petrodvorets Watch Factory is the oldest factory in Russia. Founded by Peter the Great in 1721 as the Peterhof Lapidary Works, to make hardstone carvings.

 First State Watch Factory

http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/43/Poljot_logo.png/180px-Poljot_logo.png

 

First Moscow Watch Factory produceD many historical watches used in WWII AND THROUGH OUT THE RUSSIAN SPACE PROGRAM.

Although the history of Poljot begins in 1930, Poljot actually began in 1927 when the Soviet Department of Labor decided the USSR should have a watch industry to equip the Red Army soldiers.

Founded in 1930 under orders from Stalin, the First State Watch Factory was the first Serious Soviet watch and mechanical movement manufacturer.


IMG_6566.JPG (133884 bytes)

GLASS CRYSTAL
(A FEW MINOR BLEMISHES)
RE-LUMED CATHEDRAL

HOUR AND MINUTE HANDS
(EXCELLENT)

RAISED RUSSIAN NUMBERS
9 O'CLOCK
(FANTASTIC)
SUB SECONDS REGISTER



The Soviet government bought the defunct Ansonia Clock Company of Brooklyn, New York in 1929, and the Dueber-Hampden Watch Company of Canton, Ohio. It moved twenty-eight freight cars full of machinery and parts from the USA to Moscow in order to establish the factory.

Twenty-one former Dueber-Hampden watchmakers, engravers and various other technicians helped to train the Russian workers in the art of watchmaking as part of the Soviet's First Five-Year Plan.

The movements of very-early products were stamped "Dueber-Hampden, Canton, Ohio, USA".



IMG_6590.JPG (113462 bytes)

CASE IS AWESOME

In 1935 the factory was named after the murdered Soviet official Sergei Kirov.

As the Germans closed in on Moscow in 1941, the factory was hurriedly evacuated to Zlatoust.

By 1943 the Germans were in retreat, and the factory moved back to Moscow, adopting the "First Moscow Watch Factory" name.


IMG_6573.JPG (160098 bytes)

ORIGINAL ONION CROWN
SETS TIME & WINDS PERFECT


IMG_6572.JPG (130892 bytes)

3 PIECE CASE HAS WEAR
BUT IS IN EXCELLENT
OVERALL CONDITION